This guide will teach you how to generate a Medical Record Summary, which condenses all of patients’ medical records into a single document.
To do this, Metriport extracts FHIR resources across all available C-CDA documents for a patient and de-duplicates them, resulting in a set of unique medical records. These are then rendered as HTML or PDF files, making them extremely easy to navigate.
Here’s the title page of an example Medical Record Summary:
Generate using the API
To generate a Medical Record Summary using Metriport API:
- Start a Consolidated Data Query. This endpoint allows you to optionally choose FHIR resources, date range, and rendering (
html) for your Medical Record Summary.
- When the file is rendered, a webhook message with a downloadable URL will be sent to you.
Generate using the Dashboard
To generate a Medical Record Summary from the dashboard:
- Navigate to the patient’s document section as follows:
- Select whether you want to download a new or a previously-generated (if such is available) Medical Record Summary.
- Click the button with the desired format to initiate the download.
For patients with a large number of documents, this may take a few minutes to complete.
Make sure to enable pop-ups on the website to allow download once the document is ready.